Permanent Residence

A permanent resident is someone who has been granted the right to live in Canada permanently and have several others rights which a temporary resident may not have. It also provides the right to sponsor family members, such as spouses, common-law partners, children, parents and grand-parents. Permanent residents are issued a Permanent Resident “PR” Card,” which proves their status in Canada. Permanent residents continue to remain citizens of another country. They must carry their valid PR Card and passport every time they travel outside of Canada. As a permanent resident, you are required to meet certain residency obligations to maintain your status as a permanent residence.

Canada offers several Federal and Provincial programs to obtain permanent residency of Canada. The current categories are as follows:

  • Express Entry including Skilled Workers, Skilled Trade Workers and Canadian Experience Class.
  • Provincial Nominee Programs
  • Family Sponsorships
  • Investors and Entrepreneurs
  • Self Employed
  • Humanitarian and Compassionate Grounds


Temporary Residence

As a temporary resident, you can study, work or stay in Canada for a specific period.

Visitor Visa

A foreign national who is not from designated visa exempt country, need to apply for a temporary residence visa to enter Canada. Most visitors can stay for up to 6 months in Canada.

There are three types of visitor visas:

  • Single Entry Visa – this allows the foreign national only one entry into Canada.
  • Multiple Entry Visa – this allows the foreign national unlimited entry into Canada pending the validity of the Visa.
  • Transit Visa – this allows entry to Canada for foreign nationals who are travelling and who stop in Canada for less that forty-eight (48) hours, but whose country of origin is one that requires Visa.

If you are already in Canada, and would like to stay longer, you may have two options:

  • Extension of Visitor Status: If you want to stay longer than your authorized stay, you need to apply for an extension at least 30 days before the authorized end of your stay.
  • Changing Status and Conditions: We provide advice on how you can change your status from Visitor to Student or Worker while you are in Canada.

Electronic Travel Authorization

Citizens from countries that are visa exempt do not need a temporary resident visa to enter Canada. However, they are required to apply for an electronic travel authorization prior to flying to Canada.

Super Visa

Super Visa was introduced for Canadian Citizens and Permanent residents and their parents and grandparents. You are able to show that you have sufficient income to support their visit to Canada.

A super visa is usually issued for up to two years. Parents and Grandparents are required to have medical insurance for one year of at least $100,000. In addition, your parents and grandparents must also meet other requirements for a regular visitor visa.

Study Permit

Canada is one of the world’s top destinations for foreign students. In order to apply for a study permit, you must be accepted by a Designated Learning Institution in Canada.
However obtaining a study permit can be difficult and frustrating. Our team can provide guidance through out the process.

You need to prove that you have enough funds to pay your tuitions fees, accommodation and food while you are studying in Canada.
After completing a program of studies in Canada, you are eligible to apply for a post-graduation work permit and transition to permanent residence.

Work Permit

A foreign national who intend to work in Canada, must first obtain a work permit. Generally work permits have to be applied for in advance but some can also be obtained upon arrival at a Canadian Port-of-Entry.

Our office can assist you with this process:

  • Labour Market Impact Assessment Opinion
  • Post-Diploma Work Permit
  • Work and Travel (Working Holiday Program – WHP)


Family Sponsorship

Family Reunification has always been one of the important part of Canada’s immigration program. Family Class Sponsorship includes spouses, common law partner, Conjugal Partner, parents and grandparents and dependent children.  

This program allows a Canadian or permanent resident of Canada who is eighteen years of age or older to sponsor a family member to immigrate and settle in Canada. You must meet certain requirements in order to successfully go through the sponsorship process. You may not be eligible to sponsor a relative if you:    

  • Failed to provide the financial support you agreed to when you signed a sponsorship agreement to sponsor another relative in the past
  • Defaulted on a court-ordered support order, such as alimony or child support
  • Received government financial assistance for reasons other than a disability
  • Were convicted of a violent criminal offence, any offence against a relative or any sexual offence—depending on circumstances, such as the nature of the offence, how long ago it occurred and whether a record suspension (formerly called “pardons” in Canada), was issued
  • Defaulted on an immigration loan—late or missed payments
  • Are in prison or
  • Have declared bankruptcy and have not been released from it yet.


Provincial Nominee Programs

In addition to Federal Immigration Programs, Canadian provinces and territories are allow to nominate individuals who are interested in settling in a particular province through Provincial Nominee Programs (PNPs).

Individuals who are eligible under one of the PNPs are required to complete a two-step process. First, they apply for a Certificate of Nomination from the province. Second, they submit separate federal application who makes the final determination on granting a permanent resident status.


Canadian Employer

Looking To Recruit Foreign Workers? 
We provide services to Canadian employers who want to hire or retain foreign workers. We represent and assist employers before Service Canada in obtaining Labour Market Impact Assessments (LMIA).

If you have a history of hiring foreign nationals for work and you received a notice of audit or investigation from Service Canada, we can also assist you in dealing with Service Canada. If you have a foreign employee who wants to change his position or location of work, we can help you in getting new work authorization for your employees. We can also assist you in extending work permits of your employees.



Canadian federal and provincial governments have several options for the business person who wish to immigrate to Canada. Some of these programs have fast track options to permanent residency. Our office can assist you to invest and/or establish a new business in Canada. After understanding your business and immigration goals, our team will discuss your options with you.

Start Your Canadian Journey TodayBook Your Consultation